Thursday, October 9, 2008

Language Barrier?

Samantha and I were sitting in the living room together talking about....I don't even know really. When some how, we got onto the subject of languages. She asked what language they speak in Thailand, where daddy is from, and I said Thai. "Oh", she says. So, we then go on to discuss the other languages in the world. "What do they speak in England?", I ask her. "English!", she states proudly. "OK, what about in Canada?" "English!", she says again. "What do they speak in China?", I ask her. "Chinish?", she asks. "No",....(me laughing). What about in Japan? I ask again. "Japanish?", she answers. Now it's a game, I just want to see what she'll say. "Norway?", I ask. "Norwaygin".....close. She even took some Norwegian in 1st grade when we were in Grand Forks!!! "Oh yeah!!", she says after I tell her the correct way to say it. So, this went on and on until I think I came up with make believe countries. It was fun. You should try it!!! See what your children come up with. I love the things kids come up with. That's my tid bit for the day. Later.

1 comment: